Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Progress.....sort of

Tuesday, 16 October 2012

I continued on the cave asignment. It was nearly done. I managed to improve certain aspects of the cave.
For example, when objects spawned on the ceiling of the cave, the points were scattered everywhere on the landscape. I wanted it to scatter only on the ceiling of the cave.

Before
Notice the points are scattered everywhere. The system still works in that the objects spawns only on the ceiling of the cave but there are unnecessary points everywhere.

So i decided to group the points by color.






So there was progress in the cave assignment. I then moved on and tried to create a landscape for the project. I tried following Freek's method form his previous project.

I managed to figure it out to a certain extent. It needs to be refined further.





I converted that into a volume.
Volumes are very useful in that i can easily mix other objects to add or subtract to the landscape. 

The volume is then converted back into a polygon. the effects are not too good. This is where i have to refine it.


Adding a cube to the ground.
That is all.









1 comment:

  1. Hello Bani, another way you could influence the scattered points is by painting an attribute and then biasing the distribution of the points toward that attribute. Will send you an example.

    ReplyDelete