Monday, September 24, 2012

The Ice Box Conundrum

Friday, 21 September 2012


Today it was setting up day. The area where we were initially designated to work in was the Training room.

Recently though they had a change in rules. The training room was not to be used when there are no training sessions, to avoid having to reconfigure the settings of the computers.

So we ended up fixing some Ikea tables and set up our desks and computers in the Recording room A.K.A the Ice box.






The place after set up looked really good. After a while though, we felt the effects of the Ice Box. 

It was freezing in there.

I had my jacket all the way up and with the hoodie too. Everyone felt cold except for Kevin apparently. He must have thermo skin or something.

Anyways, we all got our new Master licenses for our Houdini. Somehow though my one could not work. 
I could not get help from the staff because they were all gone for the weekend.

Only the Interns were there. They themselves could not solve my problem. So I turned to Side effects support. I emailed them and got a response stating they can only help on Monday as they also have all went off for the weekend.

Now I cannot use Houdini.  I will have to wait it out. 
For now I will continue with the concepts and try to plan out how I could create the models I need procedurally.

Feeling very uncertain now. 

Hopefully it will all be good next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment