Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Introduction


Hi my name is Bani Hilman. A student from Nanyang polytechnic, studying Games Design.
I am in LA, undergoing an overseas attachment program.
I am attached to Side Effects Software and will work on a personal project with supervision form the staff in the office.

Big Thanks to Nanyang Polytechnic and Media Authority Development  for giving me the opportunity to travel to LA and gain experience and knowledge, to better myself as an artist and a person.

This is an overview of things to come.

What you can expect from this blog:

My thoughts.
The sights and sounds of LA through my eyes.
Updates on the progress of my project.
My artworks related to the project.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Before the trip, I had to do a crash course on Houdini just so that i will be able to do something basic before learning even more at Side Effects Software.

It was tough but i think i managed to grasp some of the techniques and skills.
I still have to work really hard to have a decent knowledge in Houdini, especially since i have a hard time learning a lot of the technical aspects of it.

I just have to keep at it and hopefully the project will turn out decent.
To be honest too, i do not have crazy high expectations to do something awesome. As long as i achieve something new and good enough, that can help propel my learning to new heights and directions.

I leave you then with a picture of me.............Yeah..........

At the Santa Monica Pier.


1 comment: